Thursday 5 March 2015

Love and Peace

 It has been a tough few weeks for me personally, trying to come to a decision about my next step. I came to realise my time with Mercy ships was coming to an end, and with that came what am I going to do next.







I have peace about leaving and feel God is calling me to step out on to another chapter. But then my peace is over come with fear and insecurities about what I can do next. Where am I going to live? What type of job do I look for? Do I want to live in the UK? Where do I go? It has been a struggle, and I know God will guide me, but when you have so many doubts that gets forgotten. I am also dealing with leaving a place I have come to love. The patients, my job and friends, going to miss all of it. I mean how could no one miss those smiling kids, who give you hugs even after you have changed their dressing. Seeing hands and feet heal, seeing the joy in my patients eyes when they can move their arm for the first time in years. Oh I am going to miss it all. But it is time to go.
Fortunately in the last few days I have been overwhelmed by God's love for me. Even through the struggles He is there for me, His love is filling me with peace and I know He will show me the way.




Bethel Music - You Make Me Brave Lyrics
I have heard You calling my name
I have heard the song of love that You sing
So I will let You draw me out beyond the shore
Into Your grace
Your grace.






So as I start to step out of the shore again, please pray with me that the right door will be open, and that my last few months here on the ship will be fulfilling.


















I have posted some photos of my patients, that I have had the privilege to get to know through the dressing changes. Also the team I have been working with, they have been a great, and I am thankful for them.











No comments:

Post a Comment