Saturday 10 May 2014

Baby crèche

This week I was able to join one of the Mercy Ministries that go out in to the community in different projects. I joined the baby crèche, where for an hour and half we just love on the babies. These babies are left here for different reasons, some do get picked up by their parent once the parent is able to. Others once they have reached a certain age will go to the bigger orphanage.
Here I met a little boy, they are not sure of his real age, but they think he is about 2 years of age. As I walked in to the room this little boy caught my eye as he was trying to get our attention. I picked him up,hardly weighing much! As they told me how old he was, I looked at his huge big eyes and his skinny little body. Realising he looked a few months old not 2 years of age. This little boy was precious. He wouldn't let me put him down he just held on to me tightly for the hour and a half. When time came to leave the crèche, I had to lay him down on the bed, as I walked away he started crying, my heart breaking at his little crying, ohhh how I wish I could pick him up and take him with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment