Saturday 3 December 2011

worship time and cleaning!

This week has been cleaning and packing in the hospital. The day starts with all the nurses meeting in one of the wards, and for about the next 30 mins we have a time of worship and devotion. There is no better way than starting the day than worshiping God. I found it so good and set me out for the day.
Then everyone got assigned to do cleaning or packing, my job for the week was the hospital laundry room.
This involved doing the laundry from when the hospital closed, the scrubs and rags the nurses were still using. This meant an ongoing stream of putting washing on and then putting them in the drier. It got very very hot in that room with the driers on!. After we had to fold the laundry and store them so we could pack the shelves up. It has been a learning week for me on how to clean a hospital (double bleach everything) and then the floors being stripped and then tripple waxed. Also  learning how to pack things to make it sail proof.
As the week went we lost a lot of our nurses as they go home after being here for the field service, it's sad to see them go but some will return for Togo next year!

In the last week I have moved to a 4 berth cabin, yippeeee!!!! This is a lot better as I have more room to store my things and also there is a little room at the back were we can sit and relax, but one of the bonus points is the window!!! As I write this blog I am currently sitting in my lovely cabin and looking out of the window. I am so thankful for this!
This is all for now, hopefully I will write another blog before we leave Sierra Leone, we not sure of date we are going but it will be soon.


The sunsets over Freetown, view from deck 8.





One of the many beaches in Sierra Leone, they are so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment